When you’re shopping on a budget for inexpensive bike parts – no matter what you’re buying – it’s understandable to worry that the products at the cheaper end of the spectrum may be of lesser quality.
Obviously, you want the best item possible, but without lots to spend you’ll need to do your research into the best inexpensive products.
Luckily, we’re bringing you some solid advice on how to identify quality when shopping for inexpensive bike parts.
The pros and cons of a ‘cheap’ bikes and bike parts.
As is the case with many products, there are pros and cons to buying a cheap bike. Here’s what you need to consider!
- You won’t have to spend much money at once.
- They’re usually easy to come by – especially if you search online or notice an offer at your local bike store.
- You won’t have to save as long, meaning you can get on the road even quicker.
- If the bike ends up not lasting long, it’s a false economy. You’ll have to pay double the original amount – or even more – to buy another bike. If you’d spent the extra on one that was built to last, you’d have spent less overall.
- Cheaper bikes usually have fewer options and little to no customisability.
- You may have to waste time dealing with additional maintenance and even repairs.
- Cheaper bike parts may also need replacing more frequently.
If you’re building a bike, the quality of the parts you use are also important to take into consideration.
While you can find cheap bike parts online, it’s important to note that the same sense of a ‘false economy’ may also apply to parts.
It’s better to invest in something a little better if you want your bike to – literally – go the distance. That doesn’t mean heading straight to the top of the range. It’s just a matter of looking for quality at a reasonable price.
How to tell a quality bike or bike part.
The bike or bike part you are buying should be:
- Sturdy enough to last.
- Made from a reliable material such as aluminium.
- Customisable to size to fit the rider and their weight – preventing damage from incorrect use.
- Tested under the International Safety Standard for bicycle frames.
- From a trustworthy manufacturer or store who will be able to help you out if there’s a problem.
- Sold with a warranty. If the manufacturer offers a warranty, they must be confident in their product!
While these are only a few points, they’re a great basis to start with when identifying quality products.
But not all affordable bikes and parts are bad!
Thankfully, there are a lot of options out there that are both affordable and high quality.
With so many people on a budget in today’s world, many brands are realising that they have to up their game and provide high quality yet affordable products.
There are actually plenty of products (bikes included) that show price is not always reflective of quality, with some cheaper items being comparable to or even better than their more expensive competitors.
But although there are many affordable bikes on the market that are great for the price, have you ever considered building your own? The Bamboobee Build Your Own Bike Kit is currently just $209.00 (usually $229.00), but you could also snap up the new and improved version – the BIY 2 Bike Frame Kit – for just $299.00 (usually $319.00).
You’ll also need to add on bike parts and accessories; however, you can certainly build you own Bamboobee BIY bike for well under $500. This just goes to show that having a high quality – and even fully customizable – bike doesn’t have to break the bank.
The Benefits of the Bamboobee Build Your Own Bike Kit
There are tonnes of benefits to getting the Bamboobee Build Your Own Bike kit! If you’re unsure whether it’s the bike for you, take a look at these:
- Firstly – as we’ve already outlined above – it’s super affordable and can be upgraded depending on your budget.
- The bike is fully customisable, meaning you can have the exact type of bike you want with your own selected features.
- There are a huge number of options – it really is down to you!
- You’ll get to enjoy the journey of building your own bike – and be proud of the final result.
- Building the bike will give you a lot of new skills that you could put to use in many other situations.
- Your bike will be completely unique, the perfect way to add your own personality to something you may use every day.
- The final bike is functional and practical. It’s not just a gimmick.
- You’ll get to be part of the Bamboobee community and find other BIY-ers to learn from online.
- The bike’s bamboo frame will stand out among the rest – and even garner more head turns than many more expensive bikes!
- Perhaps most importantly, it’s a lot of fun!
So with all those points in mind, perhaps the Bamboobee BIY kit will be something to consider when shopping for a new bike on a budget.
Now you know all of the best reasons to get online and purchase your very own Bamboobee Build Your Own Bike Kit, there’s really no reason not to do so right now!
The sooner your bike arrives, the sooner you can get started on your bike building project, using only high-quality materials and parts that will result in an incredible bike with amazing value to boot.
We look forward to helping you start your journey!