Build it yourself (BIY) bike frame kit 2 allows anyone without prior knowledge to build any bike themselves within a few hours. This is made possible with BIY 2’s Builder Jig that is modular and precisely made to allow customization for all bikes’ geometry.
It allows you to build Mountain bike, Ladies bike, Classic bike, Kids bike and many more easily.
* One set of BIY 2 Bike Frame Kit consists 1x BIY 2 Builder Jig & 1x set of Builder Frame Kit. When you buy 2 sets of BIY 2 Bike Frame Kit, it consists of a 1x BIY 2 Builder Jig & 2x sets of Builder Frame Kits.
**The Main difference between BIY 2 and BIY 1 is that BIY 2 has all the material you need to build a basic bike frame. You do not need to buy epoxy.
1 set of BIY 2 Builder Jig.
1 set of bike frame tubes (tubes would be prepared according to the selected design)
10 packs of in-house fibre roll (each pack is 3 meter long).
6 bamboo bicycle-cable holders.
1 set of stainless steel (304) dropouts
1 set of aluminium (6061 – T4) head tube, 2.67 inches (68mm) BSA bottom bracket and aluminium (6061 – T4 ) 1 inch (25.4 mm) seat tube.
1 multi-purpose pen file.
1 set of reinforced metal wire.
1 roll of transparent roll.
1 roll of construction tape.
1 instructional manual.
DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT SIZE FOR ME
There are 3 sizes available for the BIY bike kit. After payment, you will receive a survey which will provide us with the necessary information to send you the correct size and different top-up.
A: Small – 5 ft 7 in (170 cm) below.
B: Medium – 5 ft 7 in – 5 ft 11 in (171-181 cm) between.
C: Large – 5 ft 11 in (181 cm) above
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO PREPARE BEFORE BUILDING
BIY 2 does not require you to buy additional epoxy. The in-house fibre is pre-soaked with epoxy and it is included in the bike frame kit. Therefore you do not need to buy anything. On top of it, if the conventional method of using hemp fiber preferred for the joints, epoxy is still needed.
For this reason, please purchase epoxy from your local store.
Depending on the instructions on the box, the mix for each epoxy will differ.
1. Be sure to read the instructions on the epoxy packaging to make sure you mix it properly.
2. Bamboobee recommends you use the West system.
3. Click here to find a location near you to buy epoxy. Or get the inhouse epoxy kit.
4. It does not come with any bicycle parts. The BIY bike kit is only for the frame.
5. You can top up $19 for apron, hand sleeves, and container for the mixing
HOW MUCH IS THE SHIPPING COST
BIY 2 bike kit has a weight of 20 pounds (9 kg) and a large size of 23 X 27 X 4 inches (60 X 70 X 10 cm). Hence postage cost is $30 for the continental U.S. and $50 for most International shipping
COMPLETED BUILD YOUR OWN BIKES PROJECTS