You may or may not have noticed – but there’s a new section right here on the Bamboobee website called ‘DeTours’.
Naturally, as a fan of Bamboobee, or even just a passer-by, you’ll be inclined to wonder what kind of ‘detours’ we mean and what Bamboobee DeTours actually provides.
What is DeTours at Bamboobee?
DeTours is a tour provider with a difference, giving you the opportunity to ‘experienced localised culture from certified guided anecdotes’. What makes it different is that the concept stemmed from Bamboobee – a creative start-up with the goal of creating and selling high-quality bamboo bicycles, with the idea being based on our co-founder Sunny Chuah’s own travel experiences.
Another stand out factor is the fact you won’t have to bring your own bike on the tour, or even hire one from a local provider. Instead, you’ll have a Bamboobee bicycle ready and waiting for you as the tour begins.
Bamboobee bikes are crafted by artisans and offer the ride of a lifetime, made from sustainable bamboo and used to create a sturdy and practical yet aesthetically pleasing frame that will look right at home in nature.
Now is your chance to take in the sights, sounds and culture of a new location by bicycle – so if you’ve been considering a bike tour, read on to learn more about how Bamboobee DeTours can make your experience something unique and special.
Reasons to Consider a Bike Tour on your Next Vacation
When you’re visiting somewhere new on vacation, it’s fun to take a look around and learn more about the local culture and environment. That’s why you should consider a bike tour! But additionally, here are a few more reasons to consider:
- Although you can see the main attractions yourself, a tour will be able to show you lesser known sights and activities that you may not have heard of through local tourism service.
- Bike tours are usually run by locals and will give you a more personal outlook on what you’re seeing.
- Through a bike tour, you also know the bike you’re riding around on has been checked for quality and safety and has been well maintained – giving you the best possible worry-free experience as you explore.
- Another benefit is the fact cycling counts as a fitness activity – which is great if you’ve been skipping the gym while on vacation.
- A tour also means that you won’t run the risk of getting lost, missing something important or losing track of time. Someone else will take care of all of that for you, allowing you to enjoy soaking up the local atmosphere.
Where can I go on a Bamboobee DeTour?
Right now, Bamboobee only offers DeTours in the company’s native Singapore. You’ll get to see everything Singapore has to offer from both a local and tourism perspective, giving you a wealth of insight into the beautiful city – in the eyes of everyone from business people to common folk.
Not only that, you’ll get to experience Singapore in a way that’s ‘uniquely yours’, as you pedal along our carefully selected bike routes for the ultimate localised experience.
DeTours in Singapore currently run every day of the week from 10:30 am to 14:00 pm and cost $110.00 USD per adult or just $30.00 for children.
All in all, it’s a great value activity that will only take up one day of your trip, giving you a valuable insight while still giving you time to explore in your own way too.
Why Bamboobee DeTours?
While you’re sure to find great options from other travel organisations too, there are several things that make Bamboobee stand out amongst the crowd.
- We’ll show you more than just the tourist essentials. You’ll get to see Singapore from a truly local perspective and get a real feel for the culture, which you’ll learn more about via our certified guides and the anecdotes they have to share.
- We only employ the services of fully licensed tour guides who are trained and certified by the local tourism authorities.
- We want to ensure the focus is on you, so you won’t be placed in a large group. Each tour consists of no more than seven travellers, so you’ll get unparalleled attention throughout.
- Our booking system is easy and secure, so you’ll have no problems arranging your tour online completely risk-free.
What does the tour include?
Each Bamboobee DeTours tour includes a world first tech-based bike, fully serviced and hygiene inspected equipment, smart gears, a personal and dedicated tour guide, as well as any equipment innovation you need for guests of all ages and even pets.
This sounds awesome, what do I do now?
If you’re considering a bike tour and feel that Bamboobee could be the right choice for your trip, now is the time to learn even more and get in touch.
Here on our website, you’ll find plenty of information regarding our DeTours bike tours. Plus, you can use our online chat feature to talk with us about your plans. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have about DeTours to ensure you’re making an informed decision when booking your trip. Just let us know whenever you’re ready!
We’re so excited to hear from you – and to show you the exciting locations and routes we’ve prepared just for you!